Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Obama's Fourth Amendment--Confiscation Smonfiscation

Here's what I want to know. It's simple really. I would like someone who voted for Barack Obama to explain how his policies jive with the Constitution. Particularly I need to understand how the proposed health care bill and the corresponding taxes imposed on citizen's (well some of us anyway) don't infringe on my fourth amendment rights.

For those of you who haven't read the Constitution (and I would venture that is most of Obama's supporters) the fourth amendment reads as follows:
  • The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized. (emphasis mine)
I need to have one of the intellectually blessed among you to explain how usurious tax rates (to fund a program not authorized by the Constitution, by the way) are not confiscatory and therefore not in violation of my fourth amendment right? I don't want to be old fashioned. Nor do I want to seem at all ungenerous but it is my money after all and if the Constitution still holds I have the right to keep what's mine.

Well at least that is how I see it. Until one of you sets me right.


No comments:

Post a Comment