Thursday, October 8, 2009

Czar-ist Wednesday on a Thursday

OK. So we've got this cadre (word carefully chosen) of Czars populating the Obama Administration. Thirty-nine by last count, though there is no definitive list. Which is, of course, the beauty of the Czar. The appointment flies under the radar. Czar's are not required to be publicly vetted. They are not reviewed nor confirmed by the Senate.

So, as I say, we have this cadre of Czars. And they are a ripe field of turnips. Van Jones--the self-proclaimed Communist and Truther (Truthers are those who believe our government was culpable or, at the very least, complicit in the 9/11 terrorist attacks) was President Obama's Green Jobs Czar. He resigned under pressure once his extremist views and rhetoric came to light. The Administration explained to The Washington Post, Jones was not vetted as closely as other assistants to the President due to his low rank. Unlikely since Valerie Jarrett, the President's closest adviser knows Van Jones well. But as the young people say: "Whatever."

My eye is on Kevin Jennings, the supposed Safe Schools Czar.

Here's the way I see it. We make certain contracts with those who provide our services . I flip a light switch and there is light. I place my garbage on the curb on garbage day and it is collected. I ask my hairdresser to get rid of the gray and presto I am a brunette once more. I send my kids to school and they learn to read and write. Right? Wrong.

In the Obama Administration's safe school world, I send my kids to school and they become sexualized. Thank you very much, but how about the schools leave that to me, the parent. Never mind that Safe Schools Czar Jennings has dedicated his life to promoting a homosexual agenda. This is America, land of the free. He can think and promote whatever he believes. And he has my support. I am NOT among the voices calling for censure. We are, or at least have been in the past, a society of free speech. More power to you, Mr. Jennings.

BUT, and this is a big but, just as I was not permitted as a professional in the ranks of corporate America to allow sexual harassment or sexual inuendo or, even condone compliments on the appearance of an employee--male or female--among my staff, NEITHER should Mr. Jennings (on our payroll mind you) be allowed to push his sexual agenda in government. And most especially not among our children. I, and tens of millions of parents, send my kids to school each day assuming they will learn how to read and write and compute math problems. Or learn about the wonders of science--a caterpillar transitioning to a butterfly, an egg hatching a chick. These are my fondest memories of elementary school. Thank God, I did not have to write a compare/contrast essay on the transsexual versus the gender neutral in the 4th grade. Instead, I was making a sugar cube model of Mission Santa Cruz. And that is how it should be.

But our Safe School Czar, Mr. Jennings is the man who wrote the forward to a book called Queering Elementary Education. To me, that says it all. And I say, enough already.

We have important issues for government to attend to. We are fighting a war. Our unemployment rate is the highest in 26 years, our economy barely has a pulse after the biggest government "stimulus" in our history. The dollar is weak. California (which has been following the failed policies on a state level that our federal government is now pursuing on a national level) is bankrupt. And now a cadre of Czars roaming the halls of government with kooky ideas spending our hard-earned money.

This is America. We have a Constitution for a very specific reason--so that to the extent possible we, the citizens, are governed by a transparent system. Obama certainly didn't invent the Czar appointment but he is the most enthusiastic employer of the Czar by scores. Let's call for some of that hope and change we were promised. Let's see some of the transparency he endorsed. Let's get these nuts out of government and most importantly, out of our schools.

No comments:

Post a Comment