Thursday, July 15, 2010

Thankfully You Can't Fool All the People All the Time

From The Heritage Foundation's "Morning Bell:"

"Today, President Barack Obama will attend a groundbreaking ceremony in Holland, Mich., for a South Korean-owned factory that will make batteries for electric cars. The purpose of the trip is to highlight the "success" of the President's $862 billion economic stimulus package which the White House claimed yesterday has already "saved or created" 3 million jobs. Specifically, this factory is being subsidized by $151 million of stimulus funds from an even larger $2 billion honey pot of stimulus money set aside for electric car battery investments. This one plant is expected to employ 300 workers. That works out to more than $500,000 per job created. $500,000 per job. This plant, in a nutshell, explains why the President's stimulus plan has been an objective failure.

The American people know the President's stimulus has failed. A new CBS poll out today shows that 74 percent of Americans believe the Obama stimulus either damaged the economy or had no effect. And a Washington Post poll released Tuesday again showed that a majority of Americans disapprove of President Obama’s handling of the economy. So how on earth can the White House claim they "saved or created" 3 million jobs? By rerunning the same economic models that predicted the stimulus would prevent unemployment from ever rising above 8%. That's right. The White House's 3 million jobs number is not based on any real world data."

The Heritage Foundation is right. Americans are no longer fooled, well at least 74% of them. The economy is getting worse. No matter how often this Administration says otherwise. Their claims and their logic are so flawed it is almost laughable.

From my November blog:

Dear Mr. President:

I was so happy to see that $16 billion of the $800+ billion. February stimulus package has been spent. And 30,383 jobs were created/saved. Wowie. That means that each job created/saved only cost $526,610.00. You guys sure must be working hard to spend all that money.

Not to be presumptuous or anything but I think I can help. While you all are writing checks I was wondering if you could make one out to me for $263,305.00 (that's half the amount you are spending to save/create a job in Washington) and I promise to create/save a job (maybe two!) in California. We're having a tough time out here. You see our unemployment rate is 12.2%, higher than the rest of the country because we have been spending much more than we take in for decades now.

Well, anyway, I sure could use some money and since my house needs cleaning it occurred to me that with a little stimulus money I could hire myself to clean my house. You know,if health care is a right and all, maybe in addition to Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of Happiness, I might be entitled to a clean house. Just a thought. And I am willing to save/create one job for half the price they're costing you. For just $263,305.00 I will hire myself to clean my house and save the government $263,305.00 in the process. One of those win wins, right?

Respectfully yours.

Almost as absurd of the pablum being dished out in DC.

No comments:

Post a Comment