Sunday, November 22, 2009

Time to turn on the lights and scatter the cockroaches.



Well they did it. Not out in the open, of course. Under cover of a Saturday night "procedural vote." After the $100 million according to the press, $300 million according to her ("I am not going to be defensive. And it's not a $100 million fix. It is a $300 million fix,") Louisiana Purchase of Senator Mary Landrieu. Hundreds of millions of OUR dollars used to pay off the wavering Louisiana Senator in order to secure her vote. I don't have words for this. None that won't get me in trouble.





I worked with a guy who once said to me, "What did you expect? You turned the lights on and the cockroaches are scattering." I thought of that this morning after sleeping off the news that the Senate passed along party lines the "procedural" vote to begin debate of the $1.2-2.4 trillion (I believe the latter number since it came from The Heritage Foundation), gigantic tax- increasing, abortion funding, health care monstrosity. It's time to turn on the lights and scatter the cockroaches.





Trillions of dollars to fund the 12 million people who actually need and cannot afford health care. The polar opposite of President Lincoln's a rising tide lifts all boats, rather, this is a dike-breaking disaster that will flood and destroy our current health care system in a New York nano second.





Reading in the Federalist Papers recently I came across the following passages. Bear with me for a moment. There is great wisdom in these dense commentaries.




  • Federalist 25: "For it is a truth, which the experience of ages has attested, that the people are always most in danger when the means of injuring their rights are in the possession of those of whom they entertain the least suspicion. "




  • Federalist 26: "...we may travel from one chimerical project to another; we may try change after change; but we shall never be likely to make any material change for the better."

Change. Not for me, thank you. I'll stick with our Constitution. And as the bumper sticker wisdom goes: They can keep the CHANGE.



No comments:

Post a Comment